Re: XFS + software raid + 4k stacks = BOOM?

To: James Pearson <james-p@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS + software raid + 4k stacks = BOOM?
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 23:11:54 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

We are unaware of any remaining XFS issues with 4K stacks... so,
let us know if anything does go BOOM.

Do you know at which point these remaining issues got resolved? - for example, could there be any potential stack problems using RHEL4 (U3) with the XFS module from <ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/testing/RHEL4/> ?

There were more stack reductions after that. Which is -not- to say that you -will- have problems with the above... all depends on what you're doing. But Nathan did more stack work after I put that rpm out.

-Eric