Re: linux-xfs list name change?

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: linux-xfs list name change?
From: Valentijn Sessink <valentyn+xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 15:51:40 +0200
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Russell, hello list,

There's a weird side effect:

At Thu, May 18, 2006 at 12:39:44PM -0500, Russell Cattelan wrote:
> Nathan and I have been talking about changing the name of
> the "linux-xfs" on oss to just "xfs".

I filtered the linux-xfs to a separate mail box. I didn't look at the
linux-xfs list for a while, then suddenly mail on a formerly unknown "xfs"
list came in my regular inbox.

I couldn't find out how it came there. Now finally I find this message, and
things become clear: it's a rename.

> We would create an alias that would direct linux-xfs -> xfs so people
> wouldn't be to lost or confused by the change.
[...]
> Please let us know if this change would cause any great hardships?

Side effects:
1) the list-ID changed, so there's different filtering now.
2) as your "let's rename" mail came on the old list-ID, people with the same
filters as I have, will have the same problem and will not know why (until
they look in the original mail archive). Well, you predicted this one. But:
3) the Ecartis mail server seems to be unable to unsubscribe me. I have
tried a couple of times to unsubscribe. It will send me an unsubscription
acknowledge mail message for "xfs", but after carefully replying (resending)
the commands in it, nothing happens.

I'm sending this to the list itself as well, maybe there's people that are
as ignorant as I was on the xfs stuff in their mail box.

Could you please look into the unsubscription problem?

Best regards,

Valentijn
- --
http://www.openoffice.nl/   Open Office - Linux Office Solutions