slow reading problem

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: slow reading problem
From: "Jeroni Brunet" <jeroni@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 18:57:42 +0200
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi, I've got a problem with one of my xfs partitions on linux. I've got 3
partitions with xfs filesystem and one of them is very slow on reading data
(about 5Mb/s) with large files. The other ones work correctly and on writing
all of them work correctly (at about 30 - 40 MB/s).  This partition has
140GB and about 50GB of free space, then I believe it's not a fragmentation
problem. Can you give me any answer? I've tried to do "xfs_repair" but
nothing changes.

Thanks,

PD: the "broken" partition is located on the same disk as a good one, the
hardware is ok (also hdparm gives good results on all disks tested with
cache and without it and the parameters are all the same and they are
correct)

[[HTML alternate version deleted]]