Re: xfsdump failure - failed to get bulkstat information for root node

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsdump failure - failed to get bulkstat information for root node
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 23:05:26 -0600
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>, Lars Soltau <l.soltau@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Eric Sandeen wrote:

FWIW we've fixed up the compat interfaces for most calls, but unfortunately not that one, yet.

Er, I take that back.. I think that's the XFS_IOC_FSGEOMETRY_V1 call, which i thought was working in compat mode.... Hrm.

-Eric

Hm, despite the proper natural alignment of all members of the ioctl arg struct for XFS_IOC_FSGEOMETRY_V1, on x86_64 there is a bit of padding at the end which causes a size mismatch & EINVAL.

I bet that's not the last struct with a problem, either. :( Will take some auditing.

-Eric