2.6.15-mm3 bisection: git-xfs.patch makes reiserfs oops

To: Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: 2.6.15-mm3 bisection: git-xfs.patch makes reiserfs oops
From: Mattia Dongili <malattia@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:14:58 +0100
Cc: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, reiserfs-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[CC-in relevant people/ML]

Hello!

second bisection result!

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 05:00:37PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Mattia Dongili <malattia@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> > 1- reiser3 oopsed[1] twice while suspending to ram. It seems
> >    reproducible (have some activity on the fs and suspend)
>
> No significant reiser3 changes in there, so I'd be suspecting something
> else has gone haywire.

you're right: git-xfs.patch is the bad guy.

Unfortunately netconsole isn't helpful in capturing the oops (no serial
ports here) but I have two more shots (more readable):
http://oioio.altervista.org/linux/dsc03148.jpg
http://oioio.altervista.org/linux/dsc03149.jpg

BTW: I'm building -mm4 right now, will report tomorrow if the oops
persists.
--
mattia
:wq!