Re: RHEL4 2.6.9-22EL xfs module src.rpm for testing

To: James Pearson <james-p@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RHEL4 2.6.9-22EL xfs module src.rpm for testing
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:26:00 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
James Pearson wrote:
Hey, let's give it a whirl. No promises, but please do let me know how it works out.

XFS_VERSION_STRING in linux-2.6/xfs_version.h from the src.rpm states:

"SGI-XFS CVS-2004-10-17_05:00_UTC"

which doesn't seem right ... many of the other source files have "Copyright 2005" in them.

How 'old' (or recent) is this code?

Don't worry too much about that timestamp. This code is actually from recent SuSE kernels, which we (er, Nathan, actually) keeps quite up to date, plus patches which get things going on RHEL4.

That timestamp was probably way back when SuSE originally pulled xfs from cvs, but they have had many updates since then.

We could tidy up the string, but it's harmless.

-Eric

Thanks

James Pearson