Re: XFS unstable with little memory; OOPS in prune_dcache()

To: Philipp Reisner <philipp.reisner@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS unstable with little memory; OOPS in prune_dcache()
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:48:38 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Philipp Reisner wrote:
Well, yes and no. Although adding RAM solves the problem for me, and
if my attitude was, I need it to work for my, forget the rest. I would not have posted this message.

What I see here, that I triggered a problem that the XFS developers
might not be aware of. Maybe they are happy that someone showed them
an unusual corner case and can fix the issue. Maybe they will simply
ignore me.

It's always good to have these datapoints & bug reports. On the other hand, nothing in the backtrace immediately suggests that this is an xfs bug...

-Eric