Re: XFS corruption on 2.4.28

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS corruption on 2.4.28
From: Ludek Finstrle <luf@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:20:45 +0100
Cc: Renaat Dumon <renaat.dumon@xxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
> >I notice this behaviour few weeks ago (max. 4 weeks). There is a patch for
> >it in CVS.  Try search through mail-archiv for "df vs du -sk" (or similar).
>
> I -think- that that fix is for a different problem... in that previous
> case, xfs_repair could correctly repair the filesystem, without moving
> files to lost+found.

I'm not so sure. xfs_repair moved / and some other files to lost+found
in first run after a long time (and xfs_fsr).
I try xfs_fsr and xfs_repair after few hours next time. So it seems
conformable to my problems.
I didn't try remount. Finally file with same size has same odd size
(I don't remember the right numbers: e.g. 4321 -> 774329921, ...)

I think Renaat could try the fix. He doesn't go to bigger problems
when he try it.
I know I had to run xfs_fsr but my filesystem isn't under heavy load.

Luf