RHEL ES 4

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RHEL ES 4
From: rthompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:11:54 -0600 (CST)
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everyone,
I am attempting to use XFS on a number of RHEL ES 4 servers. I need help.
I have downloaded the patch, installed the xfsprogs and was able to use
mkfs.xfs to format a partition. When trying to mount the filesystem, it
tells me the kernel does not support XFS. I know that I need to recompile
the kernel to get this thing working,  but I have no idea on how to do
this. I am wanting to use XFS to create a 120 TB filesystem (growable up
to 300 TB). XFS is my only option if I want a filesystem this large, is
this correct? Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob Thompson