Re: 2.6.13.2 amd64: XFS: xlog_recover_process_data: bad clientid

To: linux@xxxxxxxxxxx, sandeen@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2.6.13.2 amd64: XFS: xlog_recover_process_data: bad clientid
From: linux@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 1 Nov 2005 20:17:53 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Well, xfs does assume that if the underlying IO layers tell it that
> something is written, that it is in fact written.  Depending on the level
> of flakiness in your SATA driver, it looks quite possible that you have
> encountered a SATA bug, not an xfs bug.

I assure you, I don't expect perfection in the face of such
flakiness, but it did seem a little bit less than robust.

Mostly, I'm wondering:
- Can we extract any information about what misbehaved to help the SATA
  debugging process?
- Is running xfs_repair the best thing to do?  Are all of those error
  messages reasonably harmless?  I don't know what's "normal" in
  xfs_repair output the way that I know that complaints about dtime,
  too many blocks allocated, and bitmap inconsistencies are basically
  harmless in e2fsck output, and I only need to worry about other
  messages.

Thank you very much for your help!