Re: 2.6.13.2 amd64: XFS: xlog_recover_process_data: bad clientid

To: linux@xxxxxxxxxxx, sandeen@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2.6.13.2 amd64: XFS: xlog_recover_process_data: bad clientid
From: linux@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 1 Nov 2005 18:32:37 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Is the problematic filesystem on the aforementioned flakey driver?

Yes.  Sorry I wasn't clear.  The SATA driver hung (the machine was still
"up", but with all the root FS inaccessible, I couldn't do much), and
when I rebooted it, the root FS wouldn't come back.

> Any kernel messages prior to the fs problems?  (related to underlying
> IO problems?)

I couldn't get dmesg off the machine, but FWIW, the scrollback buffer
was reported in

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-ide&m=113035431221239

My understanding was that this was a "freeze" type failure, so there
shouldn't be any garbage on the disk, but it's possible I'm wrong;
after all, we don't understand the failures very well.

Thanks for the reply!