The XFS real-time subvolume in Linux

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: The XFS real-time subvolume in Linux
From: "Dubravko Markic" <dmarkic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 12:57:28 +0200
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,
My name is Dubravko Markic and i am working with the XFS filesystem as part of my project. I am using a Linux operating system, or better yet, a SuSe CORE 9 system. I have installed XFS filesystem on one of the partitions on my computer. My XFS filesystem has a default configuration, which means that no real-time subvolume is enabled.

My question to you is: what do i do in order to enable real-time subvolume on my XFS filesystem? Also if i understood correctly under Linux one does not have the GRIO (guranteed rate I/O) option, this is only available under the IRIX operating system, right? Thanks a bunch

Regards,
Dubo