Re: Will we ever see XFS supported in Red Hat Enterprise Linux?

To: "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Will we ever see XFS supported in Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 07:33:18 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 at 3:46pm, Bryan J. Smith wrote

> They are only hurting their own product IMHO, so I really can't
> understand the logic of continuing with only Ext3.  XFS complements Ext3
> perfectly, especially for Red Hat's focus on ACLs, SELinux, NFS, etc...

See this thread on the nahant mailing list for their most recent thoughts
on this:

Starts here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/nahant-list/2005-June/msg00280.html

Most relevant message (IMO):
https://www.redhat.com/archives/nahant-list/2005-June/msg00304.html

Basically, they *really* like 4K stacks, XFS doesn't, and they won't go
back to 8K or spend the time making XFS work with 4K.  Oh, and, again,
they don't see that XFS buys you over ext3.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering