Re: Find file for inode

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Find file for inode
From: Markus Meyer <mm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:45:08 +0200
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On [Mon, Aug 22 08:48], Nathan Scott wrote:
xfs_db> blockfree
xfs_db> blockget -n

Thx at first.
From this point on the thing ran for nearly two hours so I quit it. This
is nothing near a usable "solution". That's not against you. XFS is nice
as long as it works. But then it gets really complicated. The programs
interface is cryptic and the documentation is written in Geekish :)
ASAP I'll switch back to EXT3.
Oh, and initially you'll need to get from disk address (512 bytes) to
a filesystem block number - use the convert command:

xfs_db> convert fsb 98319 daddr
0x19020 (102432)
xfs_db> convert daddr 102432 fsb
0x1800f (98319)

OK, this I just can't wrap my head around. Sorry.

Cheers,
--
Markus Meyer - encrypted email preferred -> GPG: B87120ED