how to flush an XFS filesystem

Subject: how to flush an XFS filesystem
From: martin f krafft <madduck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 11:11:45 +0200
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
This issues has been discussed before and I cannot find a solution.
We have the challenge to create the Grub menu.lst file and
immediately reboot afterwards. XFS will probably not flush the file
in time, so when Grub accesses the device directly, the file does
not yet exist. Only mounting the device causes the log to be played,
but that's not possible before Grub.

The problem is that xfs_freeze -f says it would flush everything to
the disk, but it does not. Not even waiting for 20 seconds after
calling xfs_freeze works. If xfs_freeze does not do the trick and
sync does not work for XFS, how can I actually flush all buffers to
the disk and commit all open transactions from the log?

Thanks,

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus@xxxxxxxxxxx

i'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.