msg00264; Cant create new files

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: msg00264; Cant create new files
From: "Shinya Sakamoto" <sakamoto@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:47:08 +0900
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

Our xfs fileserver had a trouble. It was unable to create a file with "no space left on device" message but had 0.6TB (40%) space available. When we delete one file, we can create one file. In other words, it was unable to increase in number of files/directories. xfs_check and xfs_repair results no errors and no fixes.

We look for the cause and solution, then we find the msg00264 (2003-07) is very similer to our situation. But, we cannot find what was the cause and solution in the thread.

Does somebody know how it goes or what was the cause and solution? Or, if someone who had similar situation and found the solution, please let us know about it. Any infomation will be appriciate for us.

Regards,
Shinya Sakamoto