RE: Every new file goes into a new ag

To: "Eric Sandeen" <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Every new file goes into a new ag
From: "Bub Thomas" <thomas.bub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 17:36:41 +0200
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Braehler Uwe" <uwe.braehler@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Lindenkreuz Morris" <morris.lindenkreuz@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Waldschmidt Stefan" <stefan.waldschmidt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Eric,
the tip with the inode size helped in getting the files contiguous on
disk.
However the performance of the filesystem 250 MByte/sec is much worth
compared to the raw lvm volume which is 400 MByte/sec.
A local ADIC cvfs filesystem delivers 375 MByte/sec on the same disks.
I'm trying to get you and David Chatterton into a new thread discussing
this soon, see one of my following mails.
Thanks so far.
Thomas