Re: XFS on 2.4 Tib raid

To: Leon Vismer <lvismer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS on 2.4 Tib raid
From: Robin Humble <rjh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 02:29:01 -0400
Cc: Dave Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx>, naude@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 07:27:34AM +0200, Leon Vismer wrote:
>The reason we did not originally create a partition is that the fdisk utils
>could not address the 2.4 Tib device. It returned a size of 200Mb or
>something similar.

it's a limitation of the partition table format.
use parted to create a EFI aka ia64 aka GPT partition table. eg.

  parted /dev/sda
  (parted) mklabel gpt
  (parted) mkpart primary 0 2384080
  (parted) quit

your kernel will need the 'advanced' partition table support too, but
that's commonly switched on in distro kernels so shouldn't be a problem.

cheers,
robin