Re: linux software RAID, 2.6.6, XFS, Postgres: corrupt files

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: linux software RAID, 2.6.6, XFS, Postgres: corrupt files
From: James Foris <jforis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:26:21 -0500
Cc: ianw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Yes, this does sound like it might be the problem we are working on.

The definitive test is to do a unmount/mount cycle instead of a reboot; if
data corruption is found, then we are looking at the same thing.

BTW, we have now duplicated this problem on the current Ubuntu Linux release, and on SUSE 9.2 (we will be checking 9.3 as soon as we get a copy... but I think
we can recreate it there, too).

Fortunately, it seems to be very hard to hit; it seems to be very hardware configuration
dependent.

Jim Foris