RHEL 4 -- how build kernel with xfs?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RHEL 4 -- how build kernel with xfs?
From: David Kewley <kewley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:23:56 -0800
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I've searched, but have found no good information regarding xfs on rhel 4.
I'm building a multi-TB fileserver on which I'd like to run xfs.

As you may know, RHEL comes without xfs enabled in the kernel.  My
understanding is that RH chose this path because a) they have in-house
expertise in ext3 but not for xfs, and b) they believe that xfs doesn't offer
any advantages to their customers that ext3 cannot provide.

Bottom line I want to know is, if I simply take the RHEL 4 kernel source rpm,
enable XFS, and rebuild the kernel (I am fluent enough in these steps), am I
likely to have an xfs that is production-quality?  If not, what are the
gotchas?  If I should apply any patches, how can I determine these patches?

Thanks much,
David