Re: fc3 and stacks

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: fc3 and stacks
From: Robin Humble <rjh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:52:30 -0500
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 03:53:27PM -0600, Stephen Lord wrote:
>Eric Sandeen wrote:
>>I guess I would suggest that you just test it out on one non-critical
>>box, with a "normal" workload for you, and see how it fares.  It's
>>tight, but in many cases it might be just fine.

thanks for the advice.

>I used default fedora core 3 kernels on my xfs only laptop for a quite
>a while without problems. ...

I've been using XFS on a home workstation with a standard fc3 kernel
for several months now with no problems, so under some "normal"
workloads it's fine.

Now we want to use XFS + NFS as essentially a NAS box for a large
Beowulf cluster, so that's fairly different. We'll see how it goes :-)

cheers,
robin