Re: xfs_repair woes

To: Simon Hill <red.underscore.one@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs_repair woes
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 12:00:32 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 10:13:19AM +1000, Simon Hill wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> For some magical reason, I lost my partition table today. I got it
> back with gpart, but now when I run xfs_repair on the partition, it
> says:
> Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...
>         - resetting contents of realtime bitmap and summary nodes
>         - ensuring existence of lost+found directory
>         - traversing filesystem starting at /...
> rebuilding directory inode 128
> unknown magic number 0 for block 8388608 in directory inode 527071481
> rebuilding directory inode 527071481
> xfs_repair: pwrite64 failed: No space left on device
> xfs_repair: pwrite64 failed: No space left on device
>
> Any ideas how I fix this?

Looks like you have insufficient space for repair to reconstruct
a valid filesystem.  I think you'll have to go in with xfs_db in
expert mode and clear out some inodes.  I've never been in this
situation myself, so not sure whats the best approach for you to
use here to ensure repair sees this as free space..

cheers.

--
Nathan