Re: Question: Does XFS journal data or only metadata?

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Question: Does XFS journal data or only metadata?
From: Anders Saaby <as@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 18:55:37 +0100
Cc: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thursday 03 February 2005 18:03, Steve Lord wrote:

> > OK - After looking at the strace I checked the _other_ superblocks. As I
> > only altered SB0, the other superblocks SB1+ still contains the old
> > logstart value.
> >
> > Wrote "logfile 0" to SB 0 - SB 15, and it all works! :)
> >
> > It this the way to do it, or am I missing something obvious?
>
> That is the way to do it, the tools are more picky than they used
> to be about this. Which is why getting the facility built into
> the tools would help a lot - since it would do the fixup of all
> superblocks itself.
>
> Steve

OK, that explains it. A tool would definetly be nice, but xfs_db works for me
for now. :)

- Thanks for you help everyone, you just made the coming weeks a _lot_ easier
for me!

--
Med venlig hilsen - Best regards - Meilleures salutations

Anders Saaby
Systems Engineer
Cohaesio A/S - Maglebjergvej 5D - DK-2800 Lyngby
Phone: +45 45 880 888 - Fax: +45 45 880 777
Mail: as@xxxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.cohaesio.com