Re: incorrect quota usage

To: David Dougall <davidd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: incorrect quota usage
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:37:31 +1100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
> few weeks I have had a bug pop up that is becoming increasingly common.  I

Oh?  Any ideas what might be happening wrt system activity to
trigger the problem more often now?

> /dev/mapper/vggrp1-lvol0
>                 18014398509480540* 102400  112640               1       0
> That usage is most certainly incorrect.  Not all groups have this problem
> and I have not had it reported with any user quotas.  I did and xfs_repair
> last week because it was reported to me on other groups.  So either it did
> not fix the problem or it has been corrupted since then.
> Please advise on what may be causing this or how to fix it.

You can fix it by switching quotaoff(8), unmounting and mounting
again - that will redo the quotacheck during that last mount step
and should recalculate the correct value.

Not sure how it got this way though.  You wouldn't happen to know
a reliable way of reproducing this would you?

cheers.

--
Nathan