incorrect quota usage

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: incorrect quota usage
From: David Dougall <davidd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:49:04 -0700 (MST)
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I have run xfs filesystem for years with no real issues, but in the last
few weeks I have had a bug pop up that is becoming increasingly common.  I
run linux 2.4.26 with patches for xfs acls and device-mapper(for LVM2).  I
have run this kernel for several months without problem.  I just added
device mapper patch and moved filesystems to LVM2 a few weeks ago.
Anyway, I am seeing what appears to be corruption on certain group quotas.
I see the following:
# quota -v -g it350proj
Disk quotas for group it350proj (gid 15699):
     Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit
grace
/dev/mapper/vggrp1-lvol0
                18014398509480540* 102400  112640               1       0
0
/dev/mapper/vggrp2-lvol0
                      0       0       0               0       0       0

That usage is most certainly incorrect.  Not all groups have this problem
and I have not had it reported with any user quotas.  I did and xfs_repair
last week because it was reported to me on other groups.  So either it did
not fix the problem or it has been corrupted since then.
Please advise on what may be causing this or how to fix it.
--David Dougall