primary partition problem

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: primary partition problem
From: <ankor@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 15:02:00 +0100
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I have 1st primary partition hda116MB, 2nd primary hda2 10GB, nad logical hda5
etc. Hda1 is mounted as /boot. hda2 is free. When I try mkfs.xfs on hda1,
there appears error message: agsize (4008b) is too small, need at least 4096
blocks.
I thought when I enlarge hda1, then it must be OK, but is not. When I join
hda1 and hda2 together (to hda1 with 10GB), there is still the same error
message: agsize (4008b) is too small, need at least 4096 blocks. But when I
try mkfs.xfs only on hda2 (10GB), that is OK. Can you please explain me what
is going on, and how to solve this problem?

thnx.

Tony.