Summary: xfs_copy produces corrupt copy
Product: Linux XFS
making a backup of my 17GB-/home-filesystem with xfs_copy to another partition
results in a corrupt filesystem on the second hd.
Source-filesystems were created on installing SuSEv9.1 with fix from
Problem is reproducable (using this one source-partition) with following Distros
gzipped log of xfs_check on dest-part of /home:
gzipped log of "xfs_repair -n" on dest-part of /home:
(sorry for having to anonymize the file-names!)
- the dest-partition has definitely no bad sectors (tested with "/sbin/badblocks
- source- and dest-partition have the same size according to "/sbin/blockdev
- a binary copy with /bin/dd results in the same md5-sums on the partitions.
- there's no problem in accessing any files on the source-filesystem with tar,
afterwards there is, according to "/usr/bin/diff -q", no difference between any
of the files on source- and destination-filesystem.
- source-partition was clean before doing the copy according to xfs_check: e.g.
http://www.linux-bayreuth.de/~henning/xfs_check_hda8 , same with xfs_repair
Further information will be provided happily once requested,
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.