Re: Xfs partition info seems to be lost on reboot

To: Jan Derfinak <ja@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Xfs partition info seems to be lost on reboot
From: Melissa Terwilliger <techess@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:19:38 -0500
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_LBD
CONFIG_LBD=y

So I do have that set.  Should I have that unset do you think?

>Is there possibility that parted changes only kernel idea about partition
>table but not real disk layout? Did you try fdisk?

I have not used fdisk because I was told that it would work properly on
disks over 2TB, the 3ware company suggested parted instead.

We have two identical machines setup.  I think I'm going to Try RedHat WS3
and see if I have a similar problem there.  It might just be a problem with
the 3Ware card or drivers.

Melissa Terwilliger
Space Physics Research Lab
AOSS Support
techess@xxxxxxxxx

-- Features are merely bugs with seniority.