Re: XFS performance issues: O_DIRECT and Linux 2.6.6+

To: James Foris <james.foris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS performance issues: O_DIRECT and Linux 2.6.6+
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:11:06 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 03:39:44PM -0500, James Foris wrote:

> I have been using XFS in both IRIX and Linux for many years now, and
> overall I am
> quite happy with it - recommend it to everyone, run it on my home systems,
> etc.
>
> But, recently I ran into something that I need some help in
> understanding/explaining.
> The title says it all, really, but the details follow below.

Hi there,

Before I forget completely, from talking to Christoph a few
days back he suggested that the problems you were seeing may
have been resolved by some fixes that have gone into the tree
in the last week or two (they certainly touch this area) - if
you could retry your tests and let us know whether you still
see this degredation on Linus' current -bk tree, that would
be much appreciated!

thanks.

--
Nathan