Re: Log replaying

To: Ash <my_qa2004@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Log replaying
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 10:23:34 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ash wrote:
Hi
A quick question:
Is there a way to replay the journal log for an XFS
filesystem after an unclean shutdown without actually
mounting the filesystem ?

No, replay only happens in kenelspace. It's possible to do it in userspace, and it's been talked about, but never implemented.

-Eric

I see that "mount" will replay the journal but then
it'll mount the filesystem too after the replaying is
done.

I looked at various debug/admin tools in xfsprogs but
didn't see any such option although I could have very
well missed something.

Thanks
Ash