Re: XFS: how to NOT null files on fsck?

To: L A Walsh <lkml@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS: how to NOT null files on fsck?
From: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 02:48:09 +0200
Cc: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, nathans@xxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
L A Walsh <lkml@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Now I know it takes a while before data may end up on disk and that it
> may not go out to disk in an ordered fashion, but 2-3 days?  This isn't
> a case of a multi-extent file.  My current fstab is only 1335 bytes long.
> I doubt it has ever been more than 2.

Is this perhaps on a laptop? Some scripts for laptop use configure
insanely long data flush times to conserve HD spin time. Sometimes
it is even completely turned off (laptop mode). The extent
flush is dependent on the configured bdflush or pdflushd data
timeouts.

The truncate is independent from this because it is flushed with a
different path.

-Andi