Re: XFS installer on RHEL3.0

To: "L. Friedman" <netllama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS installer on RHEL3.0
From: Andrew Ho <andrewho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:21:37 -0400
Cc: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for the information.

Andrew

L. Friedman wrote:

Barring that, what i've been doing is installing RHEL-3, then upgrading it
to a kernel with XFS support.  Then I boot that box with Knoppix, and tar
up all of the partitions.  Next, on a separate box, I boot with
Knoppix, setup XFS formatted partitions, and scp the tarballs from the
first box onto the box with XFS, and untar.  Update /etc/lilo.conf, run
/sbin/lilo, and voila!, RHEL-3 on XFS.