Re: Fwd: XFS: how to NOT null files on fsck?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Fwd: XFS: how to NOT null files on fsck?
From: Nicolas Kowalski <Nicolas.Kowalski@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 22:26:41 +0200 (MEST)
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Norberto Bensa wrote:

> how do I setup XFS to not null files after a bad shutdown?

The last time our UPS failed, no files were corrupted because:

- the NFS exports are setup with the sync flag, as recommended,

- [to be verified] Samba shares filesystems with "strict sync" and
  "sync always" options,

For local files, use the sync attribute (chattr +S) to be sure that file
contents are flushed on disk. This is usefull when files are frequently
modified.

Regards.

--
Nicolas