Re: XFS installer for Fedora 1

To: Keith Owens <kaos@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS installer for Fedora 1
From: Mike Burger <mburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:27:15 -0500 (EST)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Keith Owens wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:21:08 -0500 (EST),
> Mike Burger <mburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Has anyone tried upgrading a current RH/FC system, that already has XFS in
> >place, with the stock FC2 CDs?
>
> I went RH9 -> FC1 -> FC2 with no problems.  The systems were already
> using XFS partitions.  AFAICR other users had problems with grub on XFS
> in FC2, but I use lilo so who cares :)

The system in question also uses LILO and the /boot filesystem is ext2, so
Grub wouldn't really be an issue in either case, as far as I know.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit