Re: [Evms-devel] XFS + evms + x86_64 + network hangs...

To: Jan De Landtsheer <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Evms-devel] XFS + evms + x86_64 + network hangs...
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 18:10:13 +1000
Cc: Hendrik Visage <hvisage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jord Tanner <jord@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, evms-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 12:21:21PM +0200, Jan De Landtsheer wrote:
> Nathan,
> Easy.
> take stock kernel (up till 2.6.6) eventually apply evms patches, but no
> need... I had it with stock kernels too
> make oldconfig from included config.gz
> create a raid[015] with raidtools,mdadm,evms. put files on there as
> needed (as I saw that it only occurs on a / mounted md device)
> boot it
> hammer 10 minutes (rsync is very effective) -> you'll get:
>       XFS internal error XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO at line 866 of file
> fs/xfs/xfs_ialloc.c.  Caller 0xffffffff8023ee04
>
> included : config.gz, call stack trace.
> If you need other info, feel free to ask. I was getting desperate ;-)
> Jan

OK, I hit this once today.  Have a bunch of notes about what
may be happening, and have not been able to hit it again. :(

If theres anything that makes it more likely to hit (or even
deterministic, but thats too much to hope for ;), that would
still help me greatly.  The common theme from the two folks
who sent me info is use of rsync, and thats what I was using
when I hit it too.. but subsequent runs on exactly the same
data and devices has proved unsuccessful at reproducing.  I'll
keep plugging away.

(Christoph, following on from some of our discussions - this
doesn't look root filesystem / remount,ro related, cos I hit
it without either of those things.  I'll send all the info I
extracted around later).

cheers.

--
Nathan