Re: Installation failure - incorrect disk

To: tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Installation failure - incorrect disk
From: Nathan Straz <nstraz@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 09:55:13 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 09:11:23PM -0700, tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've tried every single release and I can not get *ome*
> of them to install... I use the SGI XFS disc one to
> start the process and then when the install asks for
> the regular disk it always returns with an error saying
> it's not the correct disk... What am I doing wrong
> here?

I'll guess that you're trying to install an older version of Redhat with
an SGI XFS installer.  I remember at one point Redhat updated the CDs
without changing the version and I think we respun the installer to
accept the new discs.

Regardless, you're probably trying to install an old version of XFS.  I
would recommend a more recent distro that supports XFS natively.  I know
the SuSE, Mandrake and Debian all support XFS.  I have used the Debian
sarge beta installers[1] with good success.

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
--
Nate Straz                                              nstraz@xxxxxxx
sgi, inc                                           http://www.sgi.com/