Re: XFS for postgres databases?

To: "Jeffrey W. Baker" <jwbaker@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS for postgres databases?
From: Feizhou <feizhou@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 21:54:48 +0800
Cc: stevew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 18:00, Steve Wray wrote:

Hi there,
I'd just like to know if anyone knows of any issues with running a postgres database on an XFS filesystem in Linux?

We did this a few weeks ago and the DB Admin swears that they have been seeing problems. I'm not convinced that the problems are XFS related.

Until a few days ago I had a very large postgresql installation on XFS. We suffered very unusual problems like corrupt tables, missing rows,
corrupt indexes, and so forth.  We've never seen those problems on ext2,
to which we have since switched back.

Why would you put a database on a meta data journaling only filesystem?

What's wrong with ext3 full journal? (data=journal)