Re: XFS and mount /home quota problem mandrake 9.2

To: Chris Wedgwood <cw@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS and mount /home quota problem mandrake 9.2
From: Xavier <x.poirier@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 08:57:41 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Selon Chris Wedgwood <cw@xxxxxxxx>:

> On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 01:58:44PM +0200, Xavier wrote:
>
> > At first this quota was not enabled, I had to pass many command
> > line with quotaon or quotacheck etc..., modify /etc/fstab , doing a
> > reboot.
>
> mount -t xfs -o quota /dev/foo /mnt/bar
>
> sort of thing should be all that's required.  Editing /etc/fstab means
> putting in usrquota and/or grpquota to mount-options column.

So, you say that the mount of the filesystem at boot with /etc/fstab parameters
is not sufficient ?
I will try again a "mount -t xfs -o quota /dev/foo /mnt/bar" when I can cause I'
m on a production environment!

> > The second server (SERVER B) : a DELL 1750 with RAID PERC4DI have
> > quota enable at mount of /home (usrquota,grpquota)
>
> what does /proc/filesystems say?

HERE IT IS:

more /proc/filesystems
nodev   rootfs
nodev   bdev
nodev   proc
nodev   sockfs
nodev   tmpfs
nodev   shm
nodev   pipefs
        ext2
nodev   ramfs
nodev   devfs
nodev   nfs
nodev   devpts
        ext3
nodev   usbdevfs
nodev   usbfs
        xfs
nodev   supermount

> > The user in witch I put a quota limit can copy a file onto the /home
> > filesystem and filesystem reach 100% , nothing happen !
>
> and 'quota' for that user says?

HERE IT IS:

 repquota -sv /home
*** Report for user quotas on device /dev/scsi/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/part6
Block grace time: 7days; Inode grace time: 7days
                        Block limits                File limits
User            used    soft    hard  grace    used  soft  hard  grace
root       --    819M       0       0          23599     0     0
userx      --  25222M  25293M  27344M          26831     0     0

*** Status for user quotas on device /dev/scsi/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/part6
Accounting: ON; Enforcement: ON
Inode: #137 (2 blocks, 2 extents)

--
Xavier