Re: XFS and mount /home quota problem mandrake 9.2

To: Chris Wedgwood <cw@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS and mount /home quota problem mandrake 9.2
From: Xavier <x.poirier@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 08:57:41 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Selon Chris Wedgwood <cw@xxxxxxxx>:

> On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 01:58:44PM +0200, Xavier wrote:
> > At first this quota was not enabled, I had to pass many command
> > line with quotaon or quotacheck etc..., modify /etc/fstab , doing a
> > reboot.
> mount -t xfs -o quota /dev/foo /mnt/bar
> sort of thing should be all that's required.  Editing /etc/fstab means
> putting in usrquota and/or grpquota to mount-options column.

So, you say that the mount of the filesystem at boot with /etc/fstab parameters
is not sufficient ?
I will try again a "mount -t xfs -o quota /dev/foo /mnt/bar" when I can cause I'
m on a production environment!

> > The second server (SERVER B) : a DELL 1750 with RAID PERC4DI have
> > quota enable at mount of /home (usrquota,grpquota)
> what does /proc/filesystems say?

more /proc/filesystems
nodev   rootfs
nodev   bdev
nodev   proc
nodev   sockfs
nodev   tmpfs
nodev   shm
nodev   pipefs
nodev   ramfs
nodev   devfs
nodev   nfs
nodev   devpts
nodev   usbdevfs
nodev   usbfs
nodev   supermount

> > The user in witch I put a quota limit can copy a file onto the /home
> > filesystem and filesystem reach 100% , nothing happen !
> and 'quota' for that user says?

 repquota -sv /home
*** Report for user quotas on device /dev/scsi/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/part6
Block grace time: 7days; Inode grace time: 7days
                        Block limits                File limits
User            used    soft    hard  grace    used  soft  hard  grace
root       --    819M       0       0          23599     0     0
userx      --  25222M  25293M  27344M          26831     0     0

*** Status for user quotas on device /dev/scsi/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/part6
Accounting: ON; Enforcement: ON
Inode: #137 (2 blocks, 2 extents)

mailto: x.poirier@xxxxxxx