Re: XFS and mount /home quota problem mandrake 9.2

To: Xavier <x.poirier@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS and mount /home quota problem mandrake 9.2
From: Chris Wedgwood <cw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 14:07:06 -0700
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 01:58:44PM +0200, Xavier wrote:

> At first this quota wath not enabled, I had to pass many command
> line with quotaon or quotacheck etc..., modify /etc/fstab , doing a
> reboot.

mount -t xfs -o quota /dev/foo /mnt/bar

sort of thing should be all that's required.  Editing /etc/fstab means
putting in usrquota and/or grpquota to mount-options column.

> The second server (SERVER B) : a DELL 1750 with RAID PERC4DI have
> quota enable at mount of /home (usrquota,grpquota)

what does /proc/filesystems say?

> The user in witch I put a quota limit can copy a file onto the /home
> filesystem and filesystem reach 100% , nothing happen !

and 'quota' for that user says?

> Is there a problem with XFS partitions and Mandrake 9.2 or DELL RAID
> systems, I m not sure now ?

The RAID shouldn't matter, I don't know what Mandrake does for their
kernels but I assume this will work.

  --cw