Re: file corruption

To: Chris Wedgwood <cw@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: file corruption
From: Christian Rice <xian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 18:25:12 -0800
Cc: Dmitry Nikiforov <dniq_kraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Has anyone mentioned turning off write caching?

hdparm -W 0 /dev/hda

This for me made the difference between rebuilding up to five system
disks per day (out of one hundred desktop workstations, and that was a
couple years ago), and rebuilding...none per day.

Users unplug and reset workstations without a second thought.  Having
data on the drive not flushed is a killer.