Re: dm_write_invis() blocking problem

To: Dean Roehrich <roehrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: dm_write_invis() blocking problem
From: Mike Montour <mmontour@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:00:47 -0800
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dean Roehrich wrote:

Mike,

 Can you try this new version of the patch for fixing the invis I/O blocking?
This goes on top of the last patch--or, on top of the code on oss.sgi.com.

It seems to work now - I tested dm_write_invis() while handling a
DM_EVENT_READ, DM_EVENT_WRITE, and DM_EVENT_TRUNCATE, and
nothing blocked. I tested truncation for the whole file, as well as starting at
an offset. I will let you know if I find any other problems.

Thanks,
 -Mike