large allocation groups fix

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: large allocation groups fix
From: Alexander Fisher <alexjfisher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:51:57 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm running a vendor modified kernel 2.4.20-pre2 into
which I have patched the 1.3.1 xfs 2.4.21 patches.
Doing this wasn't too tricky although I needed to
integrate a few bitkeeper changesets to get this to

I'm using xfs on large filesystems 1TB+ and have
quickly noticed the problem with the large allocation
group size that the latest version of mkfs.xfs will
create by default.  I would like to 'fix' my kernel so
that allocation group sizes above 4GB don't result in

Is there a patch I can use against the 1.3.1 xfs
release?   I've looked at the fix included in kernel
changeset 1.1276.1.2
but it doesn't apply to the official xfs release.

On a related point, are there any plans to announce
any more official xfs releases or is it just assumed
that people will use upto date linux kernels?