Re: Data corruption with xfs+nfs+lvm

To: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Data corruption with xfs+nfs+lvm
From: Craig Tierney <ctierney@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:29:25 -0700
Cc: cattelan@xxxxxxx, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I wanted to update my investigation with
the corruption I was seeing on my xfs filesystem
exported over nfs.

The problem is NOT xfs or nfs.  It turns out
that the tg3 driver in 2.4.20 and 2.4.21 doesn't
hold up under load (at least this load).  I have not
tried a newer driver at this point, but switching to a Acenic
based gigE card has solved the problem.

I have not gone back to see what happens when
I re-enable xfs_refcache_purge_some yet.  We needed
to get a project done.  When that happens (in a few
days) I can take that server back and enable that
function and see if things still work.

Craig