RE: XFS_DB Problem (Corruption of in-memory data detected.)

To: "Jan Derfinak" <ja@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Christoph Hellwig" <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: XFS_DB Problem (Corruption of in-memory data detected.)
From: "Smith, Andy P." <smith-andy@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:53:39 -0500
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jan,

In case you're curious I encountered this problem most frequently (and
reproduced it most easily) by using xfs_db interactively whilst performing a
lot of I/O (mostly writes) on the same partition.

It was much harder to reproduce the problem when running a one-off command like
'xfs_db -r /dev/sda1 -c frag' or similar.  However I did find that I could
cause it eventually if I ran that type of command repeatedly in a loop.

I found xfs_db to be a useful tool so hopefully this will get fixed soon! :-)

Cheers,

-Andy