Re: Polish translation for attr and acl packages, some i18n notes

To: Jakub Bogusz <qboosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, agruen@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Polish translation for attr and acl packages, some i18n notes
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:43:39 +1100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, acl-devel@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 00:43:34 +0100, Jakub Bogusz wrote:

> I've just made Polish translation for these packages
> (attr 2.4.14 and acl 2.2.22).
>
> pl.po files are available on
> http://cyber.cs.net.pl/~qboosh/pl.po/attr-2.4.14.pl.po
> http://cyber.cs.net.pl/~qboosh/pl.po/acl-2.2.22.pl.po
> and can be included in future attr and acl releases
> (I would be glad to see them there).

Thanks Jakub, I've included your translations.

> BTW - when preparing it I found that:
> - in both packages ENABLE_GETTEXT is not defined automatically even if
>   --enable-gettext is passed (proper AC_DEFINE is missing?)

Hmm... I'm not sure why that might be - it works for me with
no changes or configure options (enabled by default too).

> - included attr.pot and acl.pot included in packages were made for some
>   older version and not updated for current
>   (in most packages *.pot files are regenerated when making release,
>    just before packaging to bring them up to date)

I'll update those then.  There was a reason for not automatically
updating them, IIRC it was to do with overwriting files which are
also checked into the repository causing problems during builds,
but too long ago for me to remember the exact issue there.  The
strings rarely change now, so I don't expect this to cause many
problems in practice.  They can be built by, eg., "make acl.pot"
using the Makefile in the acl/po subdirectory.

> - in attr/setfattr/setfattr.c:126 there is message containing:
>   "No filename found inline %d of standard input"
>   shouldn't it be "No filename found in line %d of standard input"?
>   (i.e. s/inline/in line/)

Yep, right you are - I've fixed that now.

Thanks!

--
Nathan