Dmapi questions

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Dmapi questions
From: John Groves <John@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:04:55 -0600
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I'm trying to track changes to a filesystem via dmapi.  There are a few
things that I haven't figured out yet, and I'm hoping somebody can set
me straight. My filesystems can be huge, so want to avoid full scans to
the extent possible.  I can get CREATE events, but in some cases I need
the filename & path to pass to a separate program.

    * If I have a file handle, can I get the relevant the relevant
      directory handle somehow?  If so I could presumably use
      dm_handle_to_path() to generate the path...
    * Given a handle, how can I tell whether it is for a file or directory?

Thanks,
John

[[HTML alternate version deleted]]