[OT] Does the ATA 133 spec. include mechanical details?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [OT] Does the ATA 133 spec. include mechanical details?
From: Greg Freemyer <freemyer-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:56:44 -0500
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I am specing out a 5-drive RAID system for a large XFS filesystem.

I need all the drives to be hotswap.

I found what looks like a nice 5-drive chassis that will fit in the
space of 3 half-height drives:

http://www.rackmountnet.com/diskarray/dc35e/dc35e.htm

But it looks like it requires the power and ATA connector to be at
specific physical locations on the drive.  I know that older IDE drives
did not have a consistent location for these connectors, so I'm nervous
about buying it.

Does anyone know if the ATA 133 spec. requires the connectors be in a
specific location, and if so are any of the older drives likely to also
use the same physical layout?

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer