Re: List configuration

Subject: Re: List configuration
From: Feizhou <feizhou@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:44:29 +0800
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Arthur Corliss wrote:
Greetings:

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to run an open list, but this last
week I've been getting pounded with spam because I had the misfortunate of
whitelisting sgi's domains until my filters were well trained.  Quite frankly,
that wouldn't be that much of a problem if your config was saner.

Open list? I had to confirm my subscription.

You even get spam on the qmail list which requires you send a confirmation for EACH post.

Rule No. 2. Spammers are STUPID
Somebody *please* unscrew your list servers before I'm forced to unsubscribe
and blacklist these boxes...

Get real.