I have a Samba server using xfs 1.2 from SUSE 8.2
A few days ago it locked up.
A few files were lost and filled with nulls. I know that issue is far
less likely with xfs 1.3, so I have started the upgrade process.
In addition, I have been told that a lot of DB4 database updates from
the hours prior to the lockup have been lost. Not the whole file, just
First, could that also be explained by the fact xfs 1.2 does not sync
the disk cache out to disk.
Second, is xfs 1.3 likely to not to have similar issues.
FYI: We just started using this SUSE 8.2 box as a Samba Server for our
CRM database (DB4) a couple of months ago. It has not really gone as
smooth as I had hoped (ie. it has locked up twice, each time with some
data loss). I am upgrading that server to SUSE 9.0 with xfs 1.3.
Hopefully that will be more reliable.