Re: Repairing XFS

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Repairing XFS
From: "Norman Zhang" <nzhang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:58:38 -0800
Cc: <menion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>> I'm seeing some irregulars halts on one of my XFS volume (/srv). I can
>>> only use umount -l to dismount the volume or do a hot reboot.
>>>
>>> Dec 9 15:47:25 smbserver kernel: xfs_force_shutdown(md(9,5),0x8) called
>>> from line 1039 of file xfs_trans.c. Return address = 0xe109f312
>>> Dec 9 15:47:25 smbserver kernel: Corruption of in-memory data detected.
>>> Shutting down filesystem: md(9,5)
>>> Dec 9 15:47:25 smbserver kernel: Please umount the filesystem, and
>>> rectify the problem(s)
>>
>> I just got this error on a plain IDE hardrive. XFS, with Kernel
>> 2.6.0-test11. I had a lockup because of an IRQ conflict with my USB2
>
> This is an XFS bug. Mounting with the "ikeep" mount option will resolve
> the issue.
>
> That option is the default in current CVS kernels (I haven't sent that
> change on to Linus for 2.6 yet though).

I'm also seeing resource collision, but I don't have any other peripherals
or cards connected to my box. I'm running Intel SE7500WV2S motherboard, with
dual P4 1.8GHz, 2x256MB PC2100 DDR ECC Registered RAM. And only SCA SCSI
U160 HD.

kernel: md: md7: raid array is not clean -- starting background
reconstruction
kernel: md: md6: raid array is not clean -- starting background
reconstruction
kernel: md: md5: raid array is not clean -- starting background
reconstruction
kernel: md: md4: raid array is not clean -- starting background
reconstruction
kernel: md: md3: raid array is not clean -- starting background
reconstruction
kernel: md: md2: raid array is not clean -- starting background
reconstruction
kernel: md: md1: raid array is not clean -- starting background
reconstruction
kernel: md: md0: raid array is not clean -- starting background
reconstruction
kernel: Unknown bridge resource 2: assuming transparent
kernel: PCI: Unable to handle 64-bit address space for
kernel: PCI: Unable to handle 64-bit address space for
kernel: Unknown bridge resource 2: assuming transparent
kernel: PCI: Device 00:1f.1 not available because of resource collisions

Does this bug also exists in 2.4? I'm using 2.4.19-35mdksmp (from Mandrake).
If the bug also exists in 2.4, I will like to help notify the Mandrake to
include the fix. May I ask why is this happening?

Regards,
Norman